NEW HARTFORD – A long time local business is being sold… to a long time employee.
The Sneaker Store, located on Commercial Drive in New Hartford, has new ownership. Josh Belisle and his wife Morgan are the new owners of the store, having purchased it from Richard Karaz.
Belisle worked for the store for 19 years and said he and Karaz have had this planned for the past several years.
Karaz owned the store for 30 years, and said its become a staple in the community
The new owners said they don't plan to change much. Even Bosco, the talking parrot, will stay.
“We look forward to expanding our presence in local races, store, and community events, and you can rest assured that The Sneaker Store will continue to provide you with the same, outstanding level of customer service and quality products that you have relied on for the past three decades,” said Josh and Morgan in an email statement.
Josh and Morgan are both runners, and say they plan to turn their passion into their career.
- The Sneaker Store sold to longtime employee
- Colin Kaepernick's Air Force 1 sneakers with a not-so-subtle message sold out online
- Marking the way: Utica employees remember longtime city sign foreman
- Josh Belisle from Sneaker Store talks importance of proper running shoes
- Nike launches a sneaker subscription service for kids
- Longtime employee purchases 'Herb' Philipson's, says 'best is yet to come'
- Vegan sneakers set to be next sustainable plant-based craze in 2020
- Megamillions ticket worth $3,000,000 sold in Boonville
- Longtime ride supplier Hawkins Amusement Rides closes business
- Longtime Westmoreland firefighter elected to FASNY Board of Directors