UTICA- The Stanley Theatre celebrates 90 years, making the community feel like stars.
More than 500 people walked along the red carpet into the Stanley on Friday night for "a night of stars." Guests enjoyed food, drinks, and live music.
In it's 90 years, the Stanley attracted acts like Bing Crosby and Bon Jovi. The Executive Director for the Stanley, Jerry Kraus said it's the community that keeps the place going. ""what we're really celebrating it closed a few times back in the 70'sbut community minded groups helped keep it open. "There were a few times in the 70's and 80's where the theatre almost closed down, but community minded groups came in and said, we're going to keep it open, and they did raise money and they did raise funds," said Kraus.
All money from the event will go toward the Stanley for upgrades.
- The Stanley Theatre celebrates 90 years
- Capitol Theatre in Rome celebrates 90 years
- Stanley Theatre names new executive director
- Frankfort Kiwanis celebrating 90 years
- Rock group America to perform at Stanley Theatre in May
- Local ghost hunters investigate things that go bump in the night at the Stanley Theatre
- Stanley Theater to celebrate 90th anniversary with gala event
- Newstalk: Rome Captiol Theatre
- Newstalk: Ilion Little Theatre
- Re-Opening the Oneonta Theatre?