We've been talking about it all week and we're now on the verge of a pattern change. The jet stream is finally going to lift cold air out of the region as we head into the weekend. In addition to warmer temperatures, the sun comes back out! The shift is a gradual one, so the weather will slowly improve throughout the course of the weekend.
Clouds give way to sunshine on Saturday afternoon. High temperatures climb into the upper 40s. The weather looks beautiful on Sunday, with sunshine and highs in the mid 50s! The warm weather is going to stick around early next week, with highs near 60 on Monday and Tuesday. Eventually a rainmaker returns to the region on Wednesday and Thursday, but temperatures will still be much warmer than what we've experienced all this week - highs in the 50s.
Teleconnections are expected to switch gears as we head into the end of April and early May. Teleconnections are large scale weather patterns that drive storm systems. PNA is expected to go from positive to negative and the NAO remains slightly positive. This means a lower risk for long duration cold snaps like we saw this entire week.
- The pattern breaks!
- Significant pattern change ahead
- October's pattern flip
- Cold, snowy pattern setting up in the Northeast
- New traffic pattern starting today in downtown Utica
- Brief break from the cold...
- Valley Health Services breaks ground on expansion
- RV Fire breaks out in Utica
- Keeping up with water main breaks
- Water main break on Champlin Avenue