It seems like we flipped a switch heading into May in Central New York. After weeks and weeks of below average temperatures the first week of May starts out mild, with temperatures ~10 degrees above average.
This trend looks to continue as we move forward. Temperatures will remain above average as we head into this week, with plenty of sunshine to enjoy for the first few days of the work week. High pressure takes over our region, with only a few clouds from time to time, especially south and east of Utica on Tuesday and Wednesday. The dry air in place will allow temperatures to drop quickly at night but also warm nicely during the day. This time of year, temperatures can easily swing 30 degrees per day. On May 2nd, we saw a 47 degree rise in temperature! We'll likely see a large rise in temperature on Tuesday too - starting out in the 30s and ending in the 70s.
The next chance of rain looks to be on Thursday as a cold front sweeps through the region. Cooler weather will arrive on Friday, with another warm up to follow for the weekend.
- Spring weather finally arrives this week
- iPhone XR arrives
- Rain arrives late Sunday
- Spring weather brings seasonal allergies too
- Sheriff Rob Maciol talks snowmobile safety as winter weather arrives
- Christmas comedies arrive on NBC
- Trump's $1.5 trillion budget arrives
- Fall colors arriving in CNY
- Feeling like early spring
- Spring pays a visit