MONTAGUE, NY – Tragedy strikes a third time on North Country snowmobile trail.
State Police say 18-year-old Luke Tyrell was traveling east on Flat Rock Road (State Snowmobile Trail C5D) Sunday morning around 11:15 when he lost control of his snowmobile.
Police say he struck an embankment, then a tree.
He was transported to Lewis County Hospital in Lowell where he was pronounced dead.
No word on where Tyrell was from.
The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
- Third North Country snowmobile crash claims life of 18-year-old
- North country digging out
- Man critically injured after Inlet snowmobile crash
- Camden man critically injured in snowmobile crash
- Middleville man dead in snowmobile crash
- Rome Snowmobile Patrol
- Are Snowmobiles Too Loud?
- Vintage snowmobiles and tradition
- Snowmobile Safety Tips
- Snowmobiles and bathing suits