MCDONOUGH, N.Y. -- Multiple burglary arrests were made following a car chase in the town of Norwich Thursday.
The Chenango County Sheriff's Office, as well as state police, say they were involved in a car chase after they attempted to stop a speeding Subaru Legacy on County Road 32.
They say that the drive, 24-year-old Dakota Davenport, and his front seat passenger, 36-year-old Zane Marvin, were covering their faces in an attempt to hide their identities.
As the 45-minute pursuit continued from Norwich to McDonough, the two threw several items from the car, police say. Those items included saws, clothing, gun cases, and BB guns.
Officials say that Davenport eventually did stop on Tucker Road and fled on foot, His two passengers, 26-year-old Macey Newkirk and Marvin, were immediately taken into custody.
They interviewed the three about local burglaries in the area, and the three were suspected to have burglarized a home in the town of Pharsalia that same day.
All three were charged with third-degree burglary and reckless endangerment, were arraigned and held at the Chenango County Sheriff's Office.
- Three burglary arrests made following Norwich car chase
- The Great Race coming through Norwich
- Norwich parent accused of making terroristic threat against middle school
- Norwich community comes together for a special baseball game
- Meth, coke, LSD, among many narcotics seized in Norwich bust
- Norwich man sentenced for causing death of 1-year-old daughter
- Norwich school bus driver saves kid from tragedy
- Norwich Bus Driver Samantha Call speaks out after heroic action
- Arrest made following high-speed chase that ended in Utica crash