The weather over the past several days has been outstanding! Things are going to change though, and it begins tomorrow with a cold front. We're tracking low pressure swinging in from the west. This draws in warm, humid air to the region on Wednesday, with dew points climbing into the low to mid 60s. A cold front arrives in the evening and brings the risk for showers and thunderstorms.
The setup isn't great, but it has potential. As of Tuesday evening, the Storm Prediction Center has our region in slight risk. That may not sound ominous, but it's the third category out of six on the severity scale. Sunshine and the potential for higher humidity would increase our risk for severe weather in the afternoon and evening. If clouds remain stubborn, the scenario will be much less favorable for severe weather.
Remember, severe weather relates to storms that produce winds over 58mph and/or hail at or greater than 1" in diameter. We'll keep you posted with the latest throughout Wednesday.
- Thunderstorms expected Wednesday
- Thunderstorms Friday Afternoon and Evening
- Strong Thunderstorms Possible Thursday Afternoon and Evening
- Thunderstorm forecast changes Friday night football kickoffs
- Winter storm expected Friday...
- Severe Thunderstorm hits the towns of Madison and Bouckville
- Snow and ice expected Friday
- Bridge collapse: More bodies expected
- Gas prices expected to rise
- Winter Storm Wednesday