COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. – The National Baseball Hall of Fame has named its new president.
Tim Mead, who has worked the last 40 years working in baseball with the Los Angeles Angels, got the job. He spent the last 22 years as the team’s vice president of communications
“The Board of Directors is very pleased that Tim has accepted the position of President of the Hall of Fame,” said Jane Forbes Clark, Chairman of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, in a statement. “Tim is deeply respected throughout the baseball industry, among players, executives and media alike. He has a great affection for the game and its history, and we are looking forward to having him leading the efforts of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.”
In his last role with the Angels, Mead managed the team’s media relations, publicity and broadcasting operations.
Mead began his career in 1980, and has many awards and accoladed to show during his tenure with the organization.
“I am both humbled and excited about the opportunity to join the dedicated and amazing staff in Cooperstown,” Mead said in a statement. “Jane Forbes Clark’s commitment to the history of our great game, the preservation of its individual and team milestones, and the honoring of our greatest players, managers, executives and umpires makes working for the Hall of Fame a distinct honor. To follow in the footsteps of my close friend Jeff Idelson is an equally amazing privilege. The impact of his leadership during a 25-year tenure will always be a major part of the history of this illustrious institution.”
He succeeds Jeff Idelson, who announced his upcoming retirement from the role in February.
- Tim Mead named Baseball HOF president after 40 years with the Angels
- Parking and trolley information for Baseball HOF weekend
- Rivera unanimous; Halladay, Edgar, Mussina voted to Baseball HOF
- Baseball fans weigh in on Rivera's unanimous HOF election
- James LaFountain named second inductee to Mohawk Valley HOF
- Tim Reed steps down as Boilermaker president
- Vitali Klitschko and Erik Morales win election to Boxing HOF
- Angel caught on camera?
- Mug Club: Shattered Angel
- Maynard FD member, who is also a decorated Army sergeant, elected for Senate HOF