The Utica man considered to be one of the top offenders of gun violence in the city has been sentenced to prison time.
Following a three-day jury trial, 20-year-old Mizziah Murray was convicted of felony second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and second-degree obstructing governmental administration. He was sentenced Friday to nine years in state prison with five years of post-release supervision, according to the Oneida County District Attorney’s Office.
The DA’s Office said previously that Murray was arrested by the Utica Police Department as part of a Gun Involved Violence Elimination (GIVE) detail on Aug. 21, 2017. The department had classified Murray as a Top 10 GIVE Offender.
- Top gun offender in Utica sentenced to prison time
- Top offender of gun violence in Utica faces up to 15 years in prison
- Utica man sentenced to prison time for killing girlfriend's baby
- Prisoner Escapes in Utica
- Utica man sentenced to prison time for role in local heroin trafficking organization
- Utica man sentenced to prison time in connection to 2013 shooting death
- Utica man sentenced to prison time for breaking into woman's apartment
- Utica man sentenced to life in prison for murdering grandmother
- Oneida man sentenced to prison time for 2016 stabbing death
- Blossvale woman sentenced to prison time for fatal DWI crash