SYRACUSE, NY (AP) - Top-ranked Duke had to stage a second-half rally to avoid their first losing streak of the season.
The Blue Devils trailed by five heading into the second half before posting a 75-65 victory at Syracuse.
R.J. Barrett poured in 30 points on 14 of 20 shooting to pick up the offensive slack from the sidelined Zion Williamson, who sprained his left knee when his Nike shoe fell apart in Wednesday's loss to North Carolina. Alex O'Connell shot 6 of 9 while scoring 20 points for Duke, which also played without Cameron Reddish due to illness.
Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim was on the bench for the first time since his Wednesday night accident that killed a 51-year-old man along a darkened highway. No tickets have been issued and the investigation is continuing.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Top ranked Duke beats Syracuse
- The matchup: Syracuse vs. Duke in the Sweet 16
- Battle, Syracuse upset No. 1 Duke 95-91 in OT
- Zion Williamson returns as Syracuse faces Duke in ACC Tournament
- Syracuse beats Maryland 72-70 to remain unbeaten
- No. 22 Syracuse beats Wake Forest 41-24
- No. 13 Syracuse beats Louisville 54-23
- Georgia Tech dominates inside, beats Syracuse 73-59
- Syracuse beats No. 18 Louisville 69-49
- Syracuse football ranked in AP Top 25 for first time in 17 years