WESTMORELAND, N.Y. -- A tow truck operator was injured in a hit-and-run crash in the town of Westmoreland Monday morning..
The Oneida County Sheriff's Office says shortly before 11 a.m. they responded to a car-pedestrian crash on South Street.
The tow truck operator, from Midland Collision, was completing a call for service when he was hit.
Authorities say a pickup truck that hit the man left the area without stopping. It is described as a black truck with a 2007-2011 body style of a Chevrolet 1500 extended cab pickup. The driver of that vehicle was described as a 40 to 50-year-old white man.
The driver was evaluated by EMS and treated for minor injuries before being transferred to a Utica hospital.
Deputies were assuted by the Westmoreland Fire Department and COCVAC Ambulance at the scene.
Anyone with information can call deputies at 315-765-2716.
- Tow truck operator injured in Westmoreland hit-and-run
- Three injured in Westmoreland accident
- Utica Common Council revisits tow truck legislation
- 1 injured in 2-car crash in Westmoreland
- Utica woman injured in Westmoreland rollover crash
- 2 injured in crash in Westmoreland
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland
- Truck clips utility pole in Westmoreland, no injuries reported
- Pickup truck hits lawn mower in Rome, two injured