ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - Magic 8 Ball, Uno and pinball have made it into the National Toy Hall of Fame.
The three are being inducted Thursday in recognition of their staying power and influence.
The honorees were chosen from a field of 12 finalists that also included American Girl Dolls, chalk, Chutes and Ladders, the Fisher-Price Corn Popper, Masters of the Universe, sled, tic-tac-toe, Tickle Me Elmo and Tudor Electric Football.
This year's inductees will be on permanent display at the Hall of Fame, located inside The Strong museum in Rochester, alongside 65 previous honorees that include playthings ranging from the stick and cardboard box to Barbie and Lionel Trains.
Anyone can nominate a toy. A panel of experts makes the final selections, considering things such as a toy's longevity and influence on toy design.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Toy Hall of Fame announces 2018 inductees
- Six new inductees highlight Baseball Hall of Fame induction weekend
- World Video Game Hall of Fame announces 2018 finalists
- What you need to know about the 2017 Hall of Fame inductees
- Six new inductees set to enter the Hall of Fame on Sunday
- Clue, Wiffle Ball, paper airplane enter Toy Hall of Fame
- 2018 Boxing Hall of Fame Induction ceremony
- Tic-Tac-Toe, Tickle Me Elmo among Toy Hall of Fame finalists
- Chipper Jones visits Baseball Hall of Fame
- Boxing Hall of Fame weekend approaches