After a few much needed dry days, the rain does look to return for Friday. This rain looks to be accompanied by the chance for thunderstorms Friday afternoon, especially south of the Mohawk Valley.
The culprit is low pressure, a common mid latitude storm system. Widespread rain Friday morning is expected to taper off briefly in the afternoon. Breaks of sunshine are possible, helping to drive temperatures briefly to near 70! It might even feel a touch humnid, too. Then, a cold front arrives and puts an end to the brief warmth. Heavy downpours are possible, with perhaps a rumble of thunder. The best chance of thunder looks to be south of the Mohawk Valley, where temperatures will be a bit warmer.
The weather cools off but dries out as we start the weekend.
- Tracking thunderstorms Friday
- Thunderstorms Friday Afternoon and Evening
- Thunderstorm forecast changes Friday night football kickoffs
- Tracking a wintry mix early Friday morning
- Thunderstorms expected Wednesday
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect
- Tracking Hurricane Florence
- Strong Thunderstorms Possible Thursday Afternoon and Evening
- Tracking rain chances this weekend
- Severe Thunderstorm hits the towns of Madison and Bouckville