WESTMORELAND N.Y.- A massive tractor trailer fire slowed traffic on the New York State Thruway Friday night.
The initial call came into Oneida County 911 just after 9:00 p.m.
The fire was reported to be in the westbound lanes at milemarker 239, between Exit 31 (Utica) and Exit 32 (Westmoreland).
These pictures were sent to NewsChannel 2 by viewer Joann Miller.
At this time there is no word on any injuries.
NewsChannel 2 has reached out to State Police and the Westmoreland Fire Department for more information, and we are waiting to hear back.
- Tractor trailer fire on Thruway slows down traffic
- Tractor-trailer crash ends in fire, Thruway traffic impacted
- UPDATE: Thruway traffic back to normal after tractor-trailer jackknifes
- Schuyler tractor-trailer fire closes one lane of Thruway
- Tractor trailer fire on the thruway between Westmoreland and Verona
- Tractor-trailer catches fire on Thruway near Westmoreland
- Crews respond to tractor trailer accident on the Thruway
- Tractor-trailer rear-ends snow plow on Thruway near Syracuse
- Tractor Trailer Safety Drill
- Eastbound Thruway lane closed near Little Falls due to tractor trailer fire