ROME – The off-ramp from State Route 365 eastbound to East Dominick Street in the city of Rome was closed for several hours Tuesday following a tractor trailer accident, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say at approximately 7:24 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 6, 41-year-old Luciano Kanga of Jacksonville, Florida, was driving a 2015 International Tractor eastbound on State Route 365 when he allegedly fell asleep and drifted onto the exit ramp to East Dominick Street.
Deputies say Kanga was traveling too fast for the road conditions and the tractor trailer went across the road and struck the guiderail, then slid off the road and down into an embankment.
The off-ramp was closed for several hours as crews worked to remove the tractor trailer form the scene.
Deputies say Kanga was not injured in the crash, and he was issued a citation to appear in Rome City Court at a later date.
The Rome Fire Department, New York State Police and the state Department of Transportation also assisted at the scene.
- Tractor trailer accident closes Route 365 off-ramp in Rome for hours
- Tractor trailer rollover closes roadway
- Route 365 closed in town of Ohio due to accident
- Tractor Trailer Safety Drill
- Utica man dead after rollover on route 365 in Rome
- Tractor trailer rollover crash reported on Rt. 365 in Verona near Thruway
- Fatal Accident on Route 49 in Rome
- Ramp closure on State Route 49 in Rome this week
- Crews respond to tractor trailer accident on the Thruway
- Schuyler tractor-trailer fire closes one lane of Thruway