OTEGO, N.Y. -- A section of Interstate 88 just south of Oneonta was closed off to traffic Monday evening due to a tractor-trailer crash. Crews spent several hours cleaning up fuel that spilled from the big rig.
According to New York State Police the crash forced officials to close the eastbound lanes from exit 10 (Unadilla) to exit 12 (Otego).
The tractor-trailer was the only vehicle involved. Officials with the Department of Transportation said the truck rolled onto its side and in the process ruptured its fuel tank. It took several hours for crews to clean up the load and the fuel that spilled from the ruptured tank.
The driver suffered head and rib injuries, and was taken to Wilson Hospital in Binghamton.
- Tractor-trailer crash closes I-88 south of Oneonta
- Tractor trailer rollover closes roadway
- Truck crash, spill shuts down I-88 in Oneonta
- Tractor Trailer Safety Drill
- Tractor-trailer crashes into Bridgewater garage
- Schuyler tractor-trailer fire closes one lane of Thruway
- 3 injured in Vernon crash involving a tractor trailer
- Tractor-trailer crash ends in fire, Thruway traffic impacted
- UPDATE: 1 lane of I-88 remains closed between exits 17, 18 following crash
- Section of Rt. 20 in Richfield Springs closed due to tractor trailer accident