UPDATE: Route 28 has reopened in both directions after it was closed for nearly nine hours.
COLUMBIA, N.Y. – A tractor-trailer went off the road on Vickerman Hill in the town of Columbia Friday, rolling over and pulling wires down on the side of the road.
Earl Davis // WKTV
Emergency crews responded to the scene just after noon.
Route 28 was closed in both directions between Jordanville Road and Route 168/Hammond Street in the town of Columbia.
DOT crews are also on scene working on safely removing the downed wires.
It is not yet clear if any injuries were sustained during the incident.
Updates will be made to this story as they become available.
- Tractor-trailer slides off snowy road on Vickerman Hill
- Tractor Trailer Safety Drill
- Tractor trailer rollover closes roadway
- Tractor-trailer crashes into Bridgewater garage
- Tractor-trailer driver ticketed in Sangerfield crash
- Dolgeville bridge reopens after tractor-trailer crash
- Fatal car, tractor-trailer crash under investigation
- Our snowy week continues...
- Crews respond to tractor trailer accident on the Thruway
- 3 injured in Vernon crash involving a tractor trailer