FLOYD- Around 3 p.m. on Friday, crews were called to an accident on State Route 274 in the Town of Floyd and found a tractor trailer overturned in a ditch.
Deputies said the tractor trailer had a load of lumber, and oil dislodged onto the road. They said Nicholas Hughes, 26, of Norwich was driving the vehicle and failed to stay in his lane. They said he went off the road into a ditch, and the tractor trailer landed on it's roof.
No one was injured, but hughes was issued a traffic ticket for failure to maintain the lane, and operating an uninspected vehicle.
Notifications were made to ENCON for any additional fuel that was dislodged during the accident.
Deputies were assisted on scene by New York State Police, Floyd Fire Department and Holland Patent Fire Department.
The roadway is open to all traffic.
- Tractor trailer spills wood and oil on roadway
- Tractor trailer rollover closes roadway
- Tractor Trailer Safety Drill
- Tractor-trailer crashes into Bridgewater garage
- Crews respond to tractor trailer accident on the Thruway
- 3 injured in Vernon crash involving a tractor trailer
- Schuyler tractor-trailer fire closes one lane of Thruway
- Tractor-trailer crash ends in fire, Thruway traffic impacted
- Minor injuries reported following Herkimer County tractor-trailer rollover
- Tractor-trailer crash closes I-88 south of Oneonta