UTICA – Traffic was backed up in the southbound lanes of the Utica North-South Arterial due to a two-vehicle crash Monday afternoon.
According to the Oneida County 911 Center, the crash was first reported at 4:26 p.m., in the southbound lanes of the Arterial near the French Road ramp. Utica police say there were two vehicles involved, and one person is being treated for minor leg pain.
One southbound lane was temporarily closed at French Road, according to state Department of Transportation officials.
Several people reached out to NEWSChannel 2 saying they were stuck in traffic due to the crash, with one person saying they had been at a standstill for 30 minutes.
As of 5:45 p.m., traffic was no longer backed up.
- UPDATE: Traffic flowing again after 2-vehicle Arterial crash
- 2-car crash temporarily halts traffic on Arterial
- UPDATE: Dog killed in 2-vehicle crash on Seneca Turnpike
- UPDATE: 21-year-old man in critical condition after Arterial crash
- Woman injured in 2-vehicle crash in Lee
- Trenton man charged with aggravated DWI following 2-vehicle crash
- 3 people injured in 2-vehicle crash in New Hartford
- Entrance to Arterial reopens after minor crash shuts it down
- Heavy rain floods arterial near pedestrian bridge
- Woman injured in late night arterial accident