ONEIDA COUNTY- Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente has issued a travel advisory for the entire area effective Sunday morning.
Due to the snow, wind, and rain expected for Sunday night into Monday he's asking residents to avoid lakes and road ways so their lives and first responders lives aren't at risk.
The Oneida County Emergency Services Department is working with state officials, National Grid, New York State Electric and Gas, and the National Weather Service to prepare the active weather weekend.
“Visibility is expected to be poor because of these weather conditions and I am advising no unnecessary travel on our county roadways and urging our residents to stay off of all county lakes so as not to become stranded and imperil their lives and the lives of first responders,” Picente said.
The travel advisory will be in affect until conditions improve.
- Travel advisories issued in Oneida, Otsego counties
- Travel advisory issued in Oneida County
- Travel Advisory issued for Oneida County
- Travel Ban and advisory issued for I-90
- NEWSTALK: Oneida County Travel Guide
- Travel Advisories in the region
- Calling hours Tuesday for Officer Kevin Crossley; travel advisory issued
- Oneida County issues heat advisory; Tips to avoid heat-related illnesses
- TRAVEL ADVISORY: Lane closures for Route 5S
- Oneida County promotes tourism during National Travel and Tourism Week