UPDATE- The bridge is expected to open on Wednesday.
Crews with the New York State Department of transportation said weather delayed some of the work.
NEW HARTFORD – The state Department of Transportation has issued a travel advisory for the village of New Hartford over the next several days.
Beginning at 6 p.m. Friday until Tuesday, Aug. 21, the State Route 8 bridge over Genesee Street, and Genesee Street between Campion Road and Brookline Drive, will be closed to traffic. DOT officials say the closure is to allow for demolition and installation of the new bridge deck.
During that time, the State Route 5/8/12 off-ramp to State Route 8 south will also be closed to traffic.
DOT officials say signs will be in place in that area to let drivers know about the closure and to direct them to the appropriate detour routes.
The bridge and that section of Genesee Street are expected to reopen at 6 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 21.
Drivers are also being reminded that fines are doubled for speeding through a work zone.
- UPDATE: Route 8 Bridge over Genesee Street scheduled to open on Wednesday
- Bridge construction will cause Genesee Street and Route 8 closures
- Street Corner Market opens on Genesee Street
- UPDATE: Genesee Street back open after overnight closure
- Genesee Street: Power is restored and lanes back open
- New left turn signal installed at Route 5S, Genesee Street intersection
- Genesee Street Market to be held every Friday this summer
- Genesee Street crash slows traffic near New Hartford Shopping Center
- North Genesee Street NB closed to four corners in Utica
- Firestone on Genesee Street to become Tallman Tires next week