A travel advisory has been issued in Oneida County through Friday evening.
Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente is urging no unnecessary travel due to high snow accumulation and poor road conditions.
The Oneida County Office Building is closed Friday. The county office buildings in Herkimer, Madison and Otsego counties are closed as well.
As of 9:20 a.m., more than 11,000 customers were without power in Oneida County. There have been reports of downed power lines and tree limbs throughout the area, along with several car accidents and road closures due to accidents.
The accident in the photo above occurred on the Thruway in Westmoreland, near the State Route 233 overpass.
- Travel advisories issued in Oneida, Otsego counties
- Travel advisory issued in Oneida County
- Travel Advisory issued for Oneida County
- Travel Ban and advisory issued for I-90
- NEWSTALK: Oneida County Travel Guide
- Travel Advisories in the region
- Calling hours Tuesday for Officer Kevin Crossley; travel advisory issued
- Oneida County issues heat advisory; Tips to avoid heat-related illnesses
- TRAVEL ADVISORY: Lane closures for Route 5S
- Oneida County promotes tourism during National Travel and Tourism Week