A trial date has been set for the Utica police officer who is accused of assaulting a Utica firefighter.
Jacob Penree was charged with third-degree assault back in May, and his trial is scheduled to begin on Jan. 9 in Oneida County Court.
Police say Penree was off-duty when he allegedly started a fight with a firefighter on Culvert Court on May 12. According to the criminal complaint, Penree’s alleged victim was repeatedly kicked and punched in the face.
Penree was suspended without pay following the incident, and he rejected a plea offer that reportedly would have required him to do community service but not serve any jail time.
Penree is a 10-year veteran of the Utica Police Department.
- Trial date set for Utica police officer accused of assaulting firefighter
- Trial date set for Utica College student accused of making threats
- Trial date set for Utica woman accused of stabbing her mother to death
- Utica police officer accused of off-duty assault
- Trial date set for Rome murder suspect Robert Coffin
- Supreme court date set for Utica term limits case
- Trial date set for Rome teacher accused of excessively disciplining students
- Trial date set for Yorkville man accused of killing his brother
- Utica Police promote two officers
- Utica firefighter has court hearing