UTICA, N.Y. -- The trial began Monday for the man accused of killing Deon Williams on Bleecker Street in Utica last summer.
Omar Ortiz is charged with second-degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon.
He was arrested a week after the alleged incident in Erie, Pennsylvania after fleeing Utica.
In Oneida County Court Monday, the jury was selected and opening statements got underway.
- Trial for man accused in Bleecker Street homicide starts Monday
- Man accused in Bleecker Street homicide appears in court
- Man accused in 2018 Bleecker Street homicide appears in court
- Utica Police: Bleecker Street homicide suspect arrested in Pennsylvania
- Man found guilty on all counts in 2018 Bleecker Street homicide
- UPDATE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- More time to decide on plea in Bleecker Street homicide case
- Jury selection starts in NY man's double homicide trial
- 2 facing felony drug charges following Bleecker Street search
- Apartments unveiled at newly renovated Bleecker Street building