The Chenango County woman accused of killing her adopted and disabled 16-year-old son, and setting her house on fire, is on trial.
Heather Franklin's fate will be determined by a judge, not a jury – as this is a bench trial.
Franklin's husband, Ernest, has already been convicted of murder, arson and tampering with evidence, and that conviction came two years after the crimes in the town of Guilford.
An autopsy showed their son was dead before their house was destroyed by fire.
- Trial starts for Chenango County woman accused of killing adopted son
- Trial underway for Chenango County man accused of killing adopted son
- Chenango County man convicted of killing adopted son sentenced
- Chenango County mother admits killing adopted son, burning down home
- Opening statements underway for Chenango County man accused of killing adopted son
- Chenango County woman killed in house fire
- Chenango County man found guilty of killing 16-year-old adopted son
- Sentencing date set for Chenango County man convicted of killing adopted son
- Chenango County man accused of holding woman down, raping her
- 27-year-old Sherburne man killed in Chenango County crash