NORWICH, N.Y. -- The Chenango County man accused of killing his adopted son is now on trial.
Earnest Franklin II has been charged with murder, arson and tampering with physical evidence.
He and his wife allegedly set fire to their Guilford home two years ago to mask the murder.
An autopsy showed their disabled son died before the fire.
The trial is underway in Chenango County Court.
Heather Franklin will stand trial following her husband's case.
- Trial underway for Chenango County man accused of killing adopted son
- Opening statements underway for Chenango County man accused of killing adopted son
- Chenango County man convicted of killing adopted son sentenced
- Trial starts for Chenango County woman accused of killing adopted son
- Chenango County mother admits killing adopted son, burning down home
- Chenango County man found guilty of killing 16-year-old adopted son
- Sentencing date set for Chenango County man convicted of killing adopted son
- Chenango Ave Bridge construction underway
- Chenango County woman killed in house fire
- Chenango County man accused of holding woman down, raping her