UTICA -- The trial for former Utica firefighter Richard Forte began Monday in Utica City Court.
Forte is accused of performing a sexual act on a female firefighter's uniform pants in January of 2018. She was not wearing the pants at the time of the incident.
The female firefighter testified in court Monday, saying she found a substance on her uniform pants after returning from a call. She says the pants were kept in a private room at the station where she left them overnight, only to discover their condition the next morning.
The substance on the pants tested positive for semen, which later matched a court-ordered sample from Forte.
Forte is charged with making a punishable false statement, criminal mischief and criminal tampering.
This is a bench trial, or trial by judge, as Forte waived his right to a trial by jury.
- UPDATE: Trial underway for former Utica firefighter accused of lewd act
- Utica firefighter fired following lewd act allegations
- Utica firefighter accused of lewd act against female coworker
- Utica firefighter accused of lewd act arraigned on several charges
- Forensic scientist takes the stand during trial for former Utica firefighter accused of lewd act
- Motions adjourned in lewd act case against former Utica firefighter
- Utica man accused of committing lewd acts in his car
- Utica man accused of lewd act inside Herkimer convenience store
- Utica firefighter accused of lewd act toward female coworker ordered to submit DNA sample
- Utica firefighter accused of lewd act agrees to submit DNA sample