BRIDGEWATER, N.Y. -- A state trooper saved a cat from a burning home in Bridgewater.
The trooper was in the area and spotted smoke coming from a mobile home on Route 20.
No one was home at the time, but he did get inside to rescue a cat.
The fire was called in about 2 p.m., and the home is a total loss.
Route 20 was closed, but is back open to alternating lanes of traffic.
- Trooper saves cat from burning home in Bridgewater
- Vacant brick building in Bridgewater being demolished
- Tractor-trailer crashes into Bridgewater garage
- Bridgewater woman arrested on meth manufacturing charges
- Bridgewater residents to experience low water pressure during system repairs
- Mug Club: Bridgewater Fire Company's Donation Breakfast & Chinese Auction
- Man arrested in Bridgewater after early morning dispute
- Cat returns home after 6 years missing
- Town of Bridgewater residents may have low water pressure or no water
- Town of Marshall : Woman's husband and son can't save her from their burning home