The New York State Department of Transportation has confirmed Route 29 in Dolgeville is reopened in both directions between north main street(Route167) and the Dolgeville Ave Extention at the East Canada Creek Bridge.
DOLGEVILLE, N.Y. – Traffic through Dolgeville Friday evening was rerouted due to a tractor trailer rollover on the Route 29 bridge over the East Canada Creek.
The crash happened shortly before 5:00 p.m. on Friday. It is not clear how the crash happened, but the tractor trailer, carrying bottled water, rolled onto its side and crashed into the sides of the bridge. State Department of Transportation officials said there is some damage to the bridge, though they couldn’t go into detail as they are still assessing the damage.
Fire crews said the Department of Transportation would have to inspect the bridge to make sure there's no damage. They also said the Department of Environmental Conservation knows about the debris in the creek.
The truck driver suffered only minor injuries, but was taken to Little Falls hospital for evaluation.
The Dolgeville Fire Captain said crews would be on the scene for much of the evening working to clear the debris. The DOT has signed detours for drivers.
The crash is under investigation.
- UPDATE: Truck carrying bottled water crashes into Route 29 bridge in Dolgeville
- State DOT reopens Route 233 following dump truck crash
- Route 8 bridge delay impacts local businesses
- Mug Club: Dolgeville Violet Festival
- Health Department wants Ilion to provide bottled water
- A new app can help you stop buying bottled water
- UPDATE: Route 8 Bridge over Genesee Street scheduled to open on Wednesday
- Dolgeville man accused of assaulting ex-girlfriend
- Dolgeville man accused of raping child
- Crews battle fire at vacant Dolgeville home