LEE, N.Y. -- A large fire, was in motion, on Elmer Hill Road in the town of Lee.
A truck hauling hay caught fire at the Delta Avenue intersection.
The Oneida County Sheriff's Office says exhaust from the truck caught the load on fire.
The driver, John Collins from Rome tried to put the fire out but the flames spread too quickly. He attempted to dump the hay into the roadway to save the truck.
Deputies had to close the road for more than an hour while firefighters worked to control the fire.
No one was hurt.
- Truck hauling hay catches fire in town of Lee
- No injuries reported after tar truck catches fire in Otego
- 2-story garage destroyed in Town of Lee fire
- Taxi van, tractor trailer hauling fuel involved in town of Paris crash
- Woman injured in shooting in Town of Lee
- Lee Town Park vandalized, state police asking for public's help
- State Police investigate officer-involved shooting in Town of Lee
- Police: Woman's kidnapping leads to big drug haul in Syracuse
- NY Lottery sets sales record, hauling in nearly $10B
- Mobile home catches fire in Van Hornesville