DEERFIELD -- Supporters of President Trump gathered locally to watch his first State of the Union address Tuesday.
President Trump spoke on a number of policies, from taxes to immigration.
Some of his supporters say he's doing well on keeping promises he's made throughout his presidency.
At the watch party, Trump advocates fellowshipped together and ate food, in anticipation of Trumps address.
Trump advocate, Peg Roberts, says she feels the address can help people have more faith in the president.
"There are people in every political party that'll realize his worth and what he's doing for this nation and of every age group," Roberts said. "And despite every obstacle, he's met more obstacles than any president I've ever seen. America is coming back. It's going to be made great again, and this is the president that's going to do it.
as far as immigration policies, Roberts says she welcomes immigrants as long they migrate legally.
When it comes to tax policies that have been put in place, Roberts gave her approval saying she has seen the benefits of the policies, and that she believes the money will go back into the economy.
- Trump advocates gather in support of his State of the Union address
- MVHS gathers downtown hospital supporters
- WATCH LIVE: President Trump's State of the Union address
- President Donald Trump delivers State of the Union address
- Brindisi hopes for bipartisan message of unity from Trump's State of the Union address
- Trump promises 'positive' State of the Union
- YWCA advocating for state budget to include Women's Agenda initiatives
- Advocates call for action on state's maternal mortality rate
- Education advocates seek $2.2B state aid increase next year