(NBC News) President Trump has outlined his new plan to keep America safe – by putting America first.
"A nation that does not protect prosperity at home cannot protect its interests abroad," the president said Monday as he outlined four main points of a plan that echoed many of his campaign appearances.
The new strategy focuses on defending the homeland, American prosperity, American influence and "peace through strength."
"It calls for the construction of a wall on our southern border, ending chain migration and the horrible visa and lottery programs," Trump said.
Read more: http://nbcnews.to/2B9YOWq
- Trump lays out national security strategy
- Trump fires John Bolton as national security adviser
- 90 former national security officials praise whistleblower
- Chipotle's new strategy: Dieters welcome
- Gillibrand says Rome Labs, DFAS are assets to national security
- TikTok could threaten national security, US lawmakers say
- Local leaders meet to discuss economic development strategies
- Perfect strategy behind USA's historic cross-country gold
- New UFD Chief discusses selection process, leadership strategy