WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump is praising new economic data released Friday, saying the U.S. is the "economic envy of the entire world."
Trump is celebrating data showing the U.S. economy surged in the April-June quarter to an annual growth rate of 4.1 percent.
Trump is predicting that as he renegotiates trade deals, "we're going to go a lot higher than these numbers."
Trump says on the South Lawn of the White House that the economic numbers are "very sustainable."
Trump is joined at the White House by Vice President Mike Pence and several members of his Cabinet. He has been trying to highlight economic gains ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump touts surging economy in White House speech
- NY touts economy boom with pic of South Africa
- Walmart surges heading into holidays
- White House condemns Afghanistan attack
- White House tightens Russia sanctions
- Putin to the White House?
- House GOP hails tax bill as good for economy
- Trump invites Schumer to White House to seek budget deal
- White House official: President Trump signs bill funding government
- White House source: President Trump to visit Utica on Monday