ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - At the outset of the coronavirus pandemic, two Democratic governors on opposite ends of the country were hailed as heroes for their leadership in a crisis. Now they’re leaders on the ropes. Andrew Cuomo of New York and Gavin Newsom of California are embroiled in distinct political woes. For Cuomo, it’s a federal investigation into whether his administration sought to hide the true toll of the pandemic. For Newsom, its fending off a recall effort fueled by opposition to his lockdowns - and his own personal missteps. But for both men the bottom line is clear: If you’re not careful, the same crisis that can raise your stock can just as easily bring you down.
Andrew Cuomo of New York and Gavin Newsom of California are embroiled in distinct political woes.
Posted: Feb 21, 2021 10:21 AM
- Two Democratic governors see stars dimmed by virus woes
- Washed out: Water woes scuttle Phish's 3-day music festival
- 5 Democratic governors head to DC to fight tax overhaul
- Meet the Democrats
- Potential virus exposures at 4 Utica stores
- Mug Club: Stars for Strides
- 2018 Congressional Democratic Primary Results
- Bloomberg launches Democratic presidential bid
- Turning Stone Welcomes in All-Star Weekend
- Sitrin Star enjoying experience at Paralympics
Scroll for more content...