WKTV -- Two defendants in the Word of Life church beatings will be released from prison this week.
Linda Morey and her son David Morey pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree assault and were sentenced to five years in state prison.
They were convicted of playing a role in the beatings that lead to the death of Lucas Leonard and the severe injuries to Christopher Leonard.
The author of the book "Without a Prayer: The Death of Lucas Leonard and How One Church Became a Cult" reached out to NEWSChannel 2 about their parole. Oneida County D.A. Scott McNamara said he believes that it is accurate they will be released this week.
The victim's mother, Deborah Leonard, was released from prison last month.
- 2 Word of Life defendants set to be released from prison
- Book based on 2015 Word of Life Church beatings is released
- Deborah Leonard, mother in Word of Life beatings, released from jail
- State court hears Word of Life sentencing appeal
- Woman convicted in Word of Life killing loses appeal
- Earliest release date for Conley, now at Bedford Hills prison, set for 2037
- Author to write true crime novel based on Word of Life case
- Word of Life Church sold years after deadly beatings in Chadwicks
- Word of Life Church member convicted in death of half-brother filing appeal
- Upstate NY author writes book on Word of Life Church case