ROME, N.Y. -- Two arrests were made after more than 200 cartons of untaxed cigarettes were seized by Rome police over the weekend.
On Sunday, around 10 a.m. RPD detectives, along with Oneida County Sheriff’s Narcotics Unit, and member of the Tax and Finance Department, executed two search warrants regarding the illegal sale of cigarettes,
Yazan Ahmen, 23 of Benny’s Market, and Fares Alaodyi, 28 of Zach Mini Mart, were arrested and face felony tax and finance law charges.
Police seized more than 200 cartons of untaxed cigarettes, $12,000 in cash and drug paraphernalia.
The two were released on appearance tickets.
- Two arrested in illegal cigarette sale bust at Rome convenience stores
- Police: 14,000 untaxed cigarettes found at Utica convenience store
- Parole check leads to Rome meth bust
- Utica man accused of lewd act inside Herkimer convenience store
- Car crashes into SavOn convenience store in Oneida
- SUV crashes into Westmoreland convenience store, driver ticketed
- New gas station, convenience store coming to Frankfort's business park
- Rome Domestic Assault Arrest
- Man arrested in June cockfighting bust headed to prison for illegally re-entering US
- San Francisco mayor signs ban on e-cigarettes sales