LOWVILLE, N.Y. -- Two bodies were found inside a home that caught fire on Saturday night.
At approximately 11:49 p.m. the Lowville Fire Department was called to South State Street for a structure fire.
Fire officials say they saw heavy smoke and flames when they arrived on scene.
State Police say there was a male occupant rescued from the porch roof by members of the Lowville Fire Department. He was transported to a local hospital with burns and smoke inhalation. As fire personnel began a search of the residence, they located two adult bodies on the second-floor deceased.
The New York State Police, along with the NYS Office of Fire Prevention & Control is assisting the village of Lowville Police Department with investigating the cause and origin of the fire.
An autopsy is scheduled to confirm the official cause of death of both victims and to confirm their identity.
The investigation is continuing.
- Two bodies inside home following fire in Lowville
- Lowville house destroyed by fire
- Garage destroyed by fire in Lowville
- Fatal fire in Lowville under investigation
- Victims identified in fatal Lowville house fire
- Lowville Arby's catches fire shutting down portion of Route 12
- Lowville man arrested for allegedly exposing himself in doorway of his home
- UPDATE: Police identify Lowville woman killed in Lewis County crash
- Lowville man accused of sexually abusing 14-year old
- Lowville man accused of sexual contact with minor