ILION, N.Y. -- Ilion Police have identified two suspects who they say led them on a chase that ended in a head-on crash Tuesday night.
The chase started around 7:30 Tuesday night.
Police had an active felony arrest out on Eric Henderson, 34, of Ilion, for rape and endangering the welfare of a child.
Ilion and State Police found Henderson in a parked car at the McDonald's, in Ilion.
Police say when they went to arrest him, Henderson intentionally backed his vehicle into an Ilion police cruiser, and almost hit some of the surrounding officers.
Henderson then led police on a pursuit onto West Clark Street, in Ilion, where he hit a vehicle head-on. The driver of that vehicle was taken to Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse, for his injuries. Henderson's passenger was sent to St. Elizabeth's Medical Center for minor injuries.
Ilion Police tell us Henderson then fled on foot, but was later captured after a short chase.
While police were arresting Henderson -- another man -- Chandler Seelbach, 24 of St. Johnsville -- interfered with police. Seelback was then arrested and charged with resisting arrest and obstructing governmental administration.
Seelbach is in the Herkimer County Correctional Facility on $2,500 cash bail.
Henderson was treated for minor injuries and is now in custody, awaiting arraignment.
NewsChannel 2 will have updates, with Henderson's new charges, as soon as they become available.
- Two charged, two hospitalized in Ilion police chase and head-on collision
- Slick Roads Lead to Head on Collision
- Ilion man facing welfare fraud charges
- Ilion man charged in long gun incident
- Ilion water problems continue
- Newstalk: Ilion Little Theatre
- Ilion standoff ends peacefully
- Ilion Fire Chief Retires
- Ilion voters head to the polls on Tuesday
- Lamica wins Ilion mayor's race