PLYMOUTH, N.Y. – The Chenango County Sheriff’s Office has arrested two people for alleged child abuse in Plymouth, N.Y., after a 5-year-old ended up in the hospital on Sept. 5, 2019.
Police were called to Chenango Memorial Hospital on Sept. 5 after hospital staff reported treating a 5-year-old boy for serious bruising all over his body and found what appeared to be tape marks on the child’s arms. The boy was treated for the injuries and later released into the custody of the Sheriff’s Office.
After an investigation, Sheriff’s deputies found a second child, a 4-year-old girl, with similar injuries and brought her to Chenango Memorial Hospital for treatment.
This lead to the arrest of 29-year-old Samantha D. Smith. She was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and arraigned in the Town of Plymouth Court where she was then released.
After issuing a search warrant to Smith’s residence, she was arrested again the following day with new charges for second-degree assault, unlawful imprisonment, endangering the welfare of a child and another count of assault in the third degree. She was arraigned in the Chenango County Court and remanded to the Chenango County Correctional Facility on $25,000 cash bail.
Following further investigation, an arrest warrant was issued for Vincent J. Guglielmo Jr., 38, of Plymouth. With the assistance of the state police and forest rangers, sheriff’s deputies arrested Guglielmo on Sept. 6, 2019, and charged him with assault, unlawful imprisonment and endangering the welfare of child.
Guglielmo was arraigned in the Town of Smyrna Court and remanded to the Chenango County Correctional Facility on $150,000 cash bail. He is set to appear in court on a later date.
The case is still under investigation.
- Two charged with assault, unlawful imprisonment after 5-year-old ends up in hospital
- Dangerous, a breach, unlawful: Brindisi, Delgado, Schumer stand against Trump's national emergency
- Croghan man arrested, charged with assault, strangulation
- A 5-year-old cancer survivor donates 3,000 toys to the children's hospital where he was treated
- Make-A-Wish helps 5-year-old boy 'bust' ghosts
- Deerfield man sentenced for sexually abusing 5-year-old girl
- UPDATE: Man charged with assault following 7-hour standoff in Rome
- Cassville man charged with assault after altercation with deputy
- Man charged with assaulting wife, damaging her car with ax
- Rome Domestic Assault Arrest