WATERTOWN, N.Y. -- Two children and an adult were killed in an early-morning house fire in Watertown.
Three other people were also injured – taken to Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse for treatment.
Officials have confirmed that some of the injured are children, and at least one made it out of the home on their own and called for help.
“The victim that self-rescued, we believe is in stable condition. The other two victims appear to have respiratory issues would most likely be in critical condition,” said Fire Chief Dale Herman.
It happened around 1:30 a.m. Thursday at a home on Myrtle Avenue between Ward and Haley streets.
Officials are still searching for a cause.
- Two children, one adult killed in Watertown house fire
- Two more children die from injuries following Watertown house fire
- 5 adults, 2 children displaced by fire in Hartwick Seminary
- 2 children killed in Delaware County fire
- UPDATE: 1 adult, 4 children hospitalized following Boonville crash
- NewsTalk: Adult education programs
- Woman killed in New Hartford house fire
- Chenango County woman killed in house fire
- Woman and 2 children killed in Smyrna fire