UTICA, N.Y. -- Raekwon Winston was in Oneida County Court Wednesday for two hearings.
One hearing was to determine the admissibility of statements he made to police.
The other was to determine the legality of the process by which police identified Winston as a suspect in the death of a homeless man in Utica in 2016.
Lawrence Edwards was found dead from a gunshot wound on Rutger Street.
The judge reserved decision and will rule in the next week or so.
- Two hearings held for man accused in Rutger Street homicide
- Man accused in Bleecker Street homicide appears in court
- Man accused in 2018 Bleecker Street homicide appears in court
- Trial for man accused in Bleecker Street homicide starts Monday
- Utica Police investigate a shooting on Rutger Street
- Paranormal fundraiser to be held at Rutger Park mansions in Utica
- Number One Rutger Mansion has benefactor
- Landmarks Society hosts tours of Rutger Mansions
- Man accused of stabbing three men on Varick Street waives right to felony hearing
- Upcoming hearings scheduled for man accused in fatal stabbing on Varick Street