Two men have been arrested in connection to an animal cruelty case after a dog was found tied to a log near the Erie Canal a couple weeks ago.
According to the Central New York SPCA, 23-year-old Trevor Drake of Rome and 23-year-old Kyle Webb of Boonville are both charged with misdemeanor abandonment of an animal.
Last week, the CNY SPCA was asking the public for information about a dog – which has since been named River – that was found tied to a log near the Erie Canal in Rome on July 30. Officials said River was found on the canal trail at the end of Luquer Street, and she was in good health without any signs of being hurt or underfed, but officials believed she was left there intentionally.
SPCA officials say the case is being handled in Rome City Court. We are still working to obtain mugshots of Drake and Webb,
- Two men arrested in connection to dog found abandoned near Erie Canal
- Mug Club: Erie Canal Half
- Erie Canal Kids Run canceled due to weather concerns
- Hundreds run in the Erie Canal Half : A Boilermaker Event
- Erie Canal Bike Tour participants make pit stop in Rome
- 2 adults face drug charges after child drowns in Erie Canal
- Chicks Along the Canal
- SPCA looking for info on dog found tied up in Rome canal
- Cats found abandoned in Utica apartment
- Canal Corp. to host Frankfort meeting about canal trail project