SYLVAN BEACH, N.Y. -- The Madison County Sheriff's Office is investigating a jet ski crash on Oneida Lake.
One jet ski being towed out of the water in Sylvan Beach by the bathhouse, had parts falling off the vessel.
A second jet ski, was spotted by the bridge in the canal by the Sylvan Beach Amusement Park.
The crash happened around 7 p.m. Sunday night.
The sheriff's office says the operators, Jose Medina, 33 of Syracuse, and Juan Perez, 60 of Trumansburg, were operating in an unsafe manner by waving in and out of each other.
One operator suffered an ankle injury in the crash.
Both were issued tickets.
- Two ticketed in Sylvan Beach jet ski crash were operating unsafely, deputies say
- Jet ski accident in Sylvan Beach
- Sylvan Beach Finalizing Closing Plans
- New Atmosphere in Sylvan Beach
- Pirates Weekend at Sylvan Beach
- Sylvan Beach Mayor : The beach is open!
- UPDATE: Fire severely damages Sylvan Beach home
- Dozens of homes flooded near Sylvan Beach
- Sylvan Beach Residents Still Without Homes
- Sylvan Beach Residents Clean Up Homes