Utica, N.Y. - History was made in Utica as the UFC brought mixed martial arts to the Adirondack Bank Center for the very first time, Friday.
It was a night full of excitement with fans, media and fighters from all over the world in attendance.
Some of the night's winners spoke after their bouts to share their thoughts about the atmosphere in The AUD.
"It was awesome as soon as I walked in," said flyweight division winner, Jose Torres. "My favorite fighter is Manny Pacquiao and he comes out waving and smiling and all that stuff, and I'm just like, this is awesome I couldn't help but do the same thing."
"It was beautiful, it was lovely, it's something I can't ever get used to, I can't put it into words," said lightweight division winner, Desmond Green. "I've been wanting to fight since I was 16 and seeing all the love, all the support, I just thank God for it, thank God I was able to deliver."
"I loved it man, the crowd especially after the second round started giving me energy," said welterweight division winner, Belal Muhammad. "At first, I was thinking Utica is a small city so I was thinking there would not be a big crowd or anything but the crowd was loud, it felt good in there and I just wanted to put on a good show for them."
Once again, the Utica crowd showed the type of energy they can bring, and some of the best fighters in the world were impressed.
- UFC fighters marvel at Utica atmosphere
- Utica Welcomes UFC Fight Night
- UFC fighters weigh-in on eve of Fight Night
- New Atmosphere in Sylvan Beach
- UFC fighters weigh in for Fight Night at the Adirondack Bank Center
- MMA fighting comes to Utica for UFC Fight Night
- Yard Dogs building chemistry, 'family' atmosphere
- UFC star McGregor arraigned in melee
- Community School Carnival provides more than just a carnival atmosphere
- Area businesses cashing in with the UFC in town