Fans and media from around the country are coming in to watch the top-rated fighters go head-to-head in mixed martial arts battles.
The weigh-ins are the last step in making sure all fighters are within their division. Once they're weighed in the fighters are left alone to prepare for a full night of action.
This will be the seventh event in New York State since its legalization, and the first time UFC has ever come to Utica.
Now the fighting isn't just for the guys. Ladies also participate and if you've never seen a UFC fight, organizers explain what fans are in for.
"When you see a UFC event live, you're going to get hooked, and I think a lot of our passionate fans are here and they're excited but for first time fans as well," said UFC Senior Director Public Relations Dave Lockett. "You know once you see it and particularly if you go to the arena and see it, you're going to love it and want to come back."
The UFC donated $5,000 to the Utica Food Pantry. Organizers encourage people who plan to attend to bring a canned good.
There are still some tickets available. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., the first fight is set for 6:30 p.m. and the main event at 10.
- UFC fighters weigh-in on eve of Fight Night
- UFC fighters weigh in for Fight Night at the Adirondack Bank Center
- Utica Welcomes UFC Fight Night
- UFC fighters marvel at Utica atmosphere
- MMA fighting comes to Utica for UFC Fight Night
- UFC star McGregor arraigned in melee
- Police: Fight leads to New Year's Eve homicide in Canajoharie
- Fighter Jets return to Griffiss
- Area businesses cashing in with the UFC in town
- Weather to watch New Years Eve