UTICA, N.Y. (UPDATED) -- Utica Police have confirmed one woman is dead following a shooting on Blandina Street on Monday afternoon.
Police say they located a deceased woman upon arrival and a man who was suffering from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. At the time, the man showed signs of life. He was rushed to a local hospital and underwent emergency surgery. Police say he is alive and in critical condition.
Utica Police are monitoring his condition and will provide updates on the investigation as they arise.
The shooting took place in the second-floor apartment of 1002 Blandina Street just after 3 p.m.
The names of the parties involved will be released pending notification of next of kin.
“At this point, we have one victim and we are seeking any information from any of the public who may have heard the shots – or have any information,” said Sgt. Michael Curley.
If anyone has information regarding this incident please contact the Criminal Investigation Division at 315-223-3510.
- UPD: One woman dead, one man in critical condition following shooting
- Man in critical condition after late night Utica shooting
- Condition critical for Ambulance Corps
- Deadline approaching for UPD applications
- UPDATE: Woman in critical condition following crash in Sangerfield
- Unadilla woman in critical condition after being hit by car
- Oneonta woman hit by vehicle, in critical condition
- One person in critical condition in Lenox Ave. shooting
- Driver in Deerfield crash in critical condition
- UPDATE: 21-year-old man in critical condition after Arterial crash