The Oneida County Overdose Response Team continues to monitor numbers after putting out an overdose alert last week, and the number has climbed to 21 just this month.
There have been five other overdoses reported in the past four days since the alert went out on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019. The county reports one death by overdose, two heroin overdoses, two overdoses on prescription pills and another unknown overdose.
This brings the yearly total of reported overdoses to 286, wit 28 fatalities related to those overdoses.
Anyone struggling with an opioid addiction can also text ‘opioid’ to 898-211 for help.
- UPDATE: 5 more overdoses since Oneida County alert issued
- Overdose alert issued for Oneida County after 21 OD on heroin in past 10 days
- Oneida County issues alert following 4 heroin overdoses in 36 hours
- Naloxone issued after man overdoses at Oneida County Office Building
- New plan in place to reduce overdoses in Oneida County
- Travel advisories issued in Oneida, Otsego counties
- Travel advisory issued in Oneida County
- Travel Advisory issued for Oneida County
- Oneida County Executive discusses local issues at White House conference
- Arrest warrant issued for former Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator