UPDATE- Officials with New York State Police are saying the driver of the vehicle that crashed into a tree in Deerfield is in critical condition.
Police said 79-year-old, Gerald G. Cady, from Cold Brook was traveling on Route 8 when the truck he was driving crossed over into the other lane, went off the road, and hit a tree.
Cady had to be extricated from the vehicle. He was airlifted to a Syracuse hospital where he's listed in stable condition.
There was also a 7-year-old passenger in the vehicle who was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The investigation is ongoing.
DEERFIELD, N.Y. -- A serious crash shut down part of Route 8 in Deerfield Monday afternoon.
The crash happened just before 2 p.m.
A pickup truck crashed into a ditch and into a tree. The driver was still in the truck when our crews got to the seen.
The person was airlifted by helicopter to the hospital.
WKTV will have more information when it becomes available.
- Driver in Deerfield crash in critical condition
- Condition critical for Ambulance Corps
- Santa comes to Deerfield
- School bus involved in Deerfield crash
- UPDATE: Woman in critical condition following crash in Sangerfield
- UPDATE: 21-year-old man in critical condition after Arterial crash
- Rome man in critical condition following motorcycle crash
- Man in critical condition after crash on Culver Ave.
- Coin collectors converge on Deerfield
- Two identified in Deerfield shooting