ONEIDA, N.Y. – A missing 79-year-old woman with dementia has been found dead in the city of Oneida after police and volunteers spent much of Wednesday looking for her.
Nancy Stratton was reported missing Wednesday morning after her family went to check in on her, and found she was not home.
Her body was located in a field off of Lenox Avenue in Oneida around 11 p.m. Wednesday night.
Police say Stratton had already succumbed to the frigid temperatures by the time she was found.
The police did not find any signs of suspicious activity, but they are continuing to investigate.
According to the Oneida City Police Facebook page, more information will be released soon.
- UPDATE: Missing Oneida woman's body found in field
- Missing Dolgeville Man's body found in Fairfield
- UPDATE: Missing Verona man found
- Oneida woman charged with fraud
- Oneida police searching for missing woman with dementia
- UPDATE: Missing Frankfort teen found in Utica
- UPDATE: Missing New Hartford teen is found
- Update: Missing Herkimer Girl Found Safe
- UPDATE: Missing New Hartford teens found
- Missing St. Johnsville woman found dead