UTICA, N.Y. - State Police say one person is in custody after they led police on a chase following a robbery on Newport Road in the town of Schuyler.
State Police say that 22-year-old Omarie J. Trim robbed a person at gunpoint who was trying to sell him a car through Facebook Marketplace.
Police say Trim met the person selling the car and then pointed a loaded revolver at the victim and demanded the keys and title of the car and took off.
After searching, State Police located the stolen car and attempted to pull it over. Trim refused to comply and led State Police on a chase.
Trim then stopped the car and fled on foot.
Multiple police units then responded to the scene including the State Police K-9 unit.
The investigation then led police to a home on Herkimer Road. Trim tried to flee the home from an upstairs window. He was then confronted by police and then retreated back into the home where he eventually surrendered.
He is being held at the Herkimer County Jail on $15,000 cash bail and $30,000 bond.
- UPDATE: State Police arrest robbery suspect after chase on Herkimer Road
- UPDATE: Police arrest suspect in Stewart's robbery
- Arrest in Herkimer high-speed chase
- UPDATE: Suspect shoots at Sherrill police officer during chase
- High Speed chase ends in Herkimer
- UPDATE: NBT Bank robbery suspect in custody
- State police searching for larceny suspect following high speed chase
- Police arrest men suspected of armed robbery outside Canastota McDonald's
- UPDATE: Utica police make arrest in armed home invasion robbery
- Police chase burglary suspect across two counties